Home > Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Spring Term: January to April
Summer Term: May to August
Autumn Term: September to December
* Membership is valid for three consecutive terms commencing
the term in which you apply.
** Adult Membership is for individuals or families - covers
yourself, spouse, and unlimited number of children under the
age of 18 and, your domestic helper(s).
*** Youth Membership is for children under the age of 18.
1. To apply for membership, please complete the Membership
2. Membership Application Forms may be acquired:
- Online at the ESMD website (email@example.com)
- From the front desk, 3/F,
1 MacDonnell Road, Central,
3. Submit completed Membership Application Forms with
cheque payment payable to "HK-YWCA" to the above
4. Member's online login and password will be emailed to
you after the application is confirmed. Current members
can enjoy online enrollment with their login. Please
provide the accurate email address and remember to
inform our office of any changes
IMPORTANT: Membership fees are non refundable under
Children must meet the minimum age requirement for
each enrolled course. We reserve the right for proof of
ages. It is the parent’s responsibility to enrol their
children in the correct age group. Cancellation will be
made if this requirement is not met which will not be
refundable, transferable or creditable at whatever
1. Only current members have access to online enrolment.
2. Member’s online login and password will be emailed to
the member after membership application is confirmed.
3. Members should not disclose their password to others.
HK-YWCA is not responsible for any misuse of
membership due to members disclosing their own
4. Once you are logged-in, select the course you wish to
enroll at. Click enroll button and select the member you
are enrolling for. Next, proceed to your "Shopping Cart"
and pay for the amount using your VIsa or Mastercard.
A receipt number will be generated if the payment has
gone through successfully. Please print it our or mark
it down for you own reference.
5. Online enrolment is not applicable once your
membership has lapsed.
In Person Or By Post:
1. To enrol in courses please complete a Course
2. Course Application Forms may be acquired:
- Online at the ESMD website (www.esmdywca.org.hk)
- From the front desk, 3/F, 1 MacDonnellRoad, Central,
3. Applications are only confirmed when supported by
4. Please carefully complete the Course Application
Form correctly, including the course code, date and
course fee. Inaccurate information on forms may
lead to incorrect enrolments and may halt enrolment
entirely for which HK-YWCA will not be responsible.
5. If applying for courses as a non-member or applying
for a guest please make sure to include the correct
non-member course fee.
6. Submit completed Course Application Forms with
payment to the office.
7. We operate on a “first come, first served” basis and
all applications will only be processed if accompanied
by correct payment.
8. Course applications can be submitted together with a
Membership Application Form.
9. You will receive email confirmation of course enrolment.
Please provide the accurate email address and
remember to inform our boffice of any changes.
10. Partial enrollment is not permitted at whatever
circumstances except for selected courses
approved by HK-YWCA.
- Course reminders are not issued before the start of a
course. Please note course dates and times.
- It is recommended that course applications are made
AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS prior to course
NON-MEMBERS AND GUESTS
1. Non-members and guests are welcome to enroll on
all activities. Non-member fees apply.
2. Non-members and guests are not eligible for the
benefits and discounts offered through membership
with the ‘Y’.
3. Non-members and guests automatically agree to
abide by the Terms & Conditions and to observe the
Policies and Procedures of the HK-YWCA.
1. By online payment (Visa or Master Card only): Online
course enrolment is only accessible to current members.
It provides members with convenience when enroling for
courses. Upon joining the membership, you will receive
online login details by email. You can use your personal
login and password to enrol the courses online.
2. By cash:
Please pay in cash at the front desk. Please do not send
cash by mail. HK-YWCA will not be responsible for loss of
cash payments sent by mail.
3. By EPS: Please pay by EPS at the 3/F front desk. EPS
payment is acceptable for fees over HK$100.
4. By credit card in person (Visa or Master Card): Credit
Card payment is acceptable for fees over HK$200. We will
not accept credit card payment over the phone.
NOTE: For email, mail and fax credit card payments, please
submit your application supplemented by a credit card
authorization form during working hours for same day
processing. Otherwise it will be processed on next working
5. By cheque: Please make crossed cheques payable to
"HKYWCA". Cheques with incorrect details will not be
* Please confirm exact amount with Customer Service in
case of any doubt.
NOTE: For activities or courses starting in 3 days, at time of
payment NO cheques will be accepted. Please pay by cash
or credit card.
1. To cancel out of a course please complete a Cancellation
2. Cancellations Forms may be acquired:
* Online at the ESMD website (www.esmdywca.org.hk)
* From the front office, 3/F, 1 MacDonnell Road, Central,
3. Cancellations are allowed up to 10 days before the
start of a course in which a refund, transfer or credit will be
given. There is a HK$150 handling fee for each course
4. Cancellations made by participants less than 10 days
before a course starts or after a course has commenced
are not allowed, transferable or creditable at whatever
5. Substitutes are not accepted if attendees are unable to
attend a course due to personal reasons.
6. If a teacher cancels a course or session, a make-up
date will be arranged. Participant unable to attend this
new date must inform the office before this new date so
that a credit or refund can be issued. Otherwise, it will
be considered as a "no show" and payment will be
7. For courses cancelled by HK-YWCA, a cancellation letter
will be emailed detailing your options to keep the credit
in your account for future uses, transfer fees to another
course, accept a refund or donate the money to the
HK-YWCA for its charitable services.
8. Absence in the class due to whatever circumstances is
automatically considered as a "no show". A make-up
class or refund will not be arranged.
9. If class is cancelled due to bad weather or government
recommendations, make-up courses or sessions will
not be arranged. Please note refunds or course credits
will not be issued.
IMPORTANT: The HK-YWCA reserves the right to cancel
TRANSFERS, CREDITS AND REFUNDS
1. Upon a course cancellation (either by HK-YWCA or
yourself if applicable) you can request to keep the
credit in your account for future uses, transfer fees to
another course, accept a refund or donate the money
to the HK-YWCA for its charitable services.
2. Transfer and credits can be used to pay for a course/s
in full or as part-payment.
3. Course transfer request due to personal reasons is
not permitted once the course commences.
4. Credits expire after 2 terms. You can claim your credit
as a refund or put it towards other courses within the
valid period. Otherwise it will be forfeited and donated
to the HK-YWCA. Please use up credits at your earliest
5. Refund will not be automatically processed for courses
cancelled by HK-YWCA (see#1)
6. Refunds are issued by cash for payments made by cash
7. Refunds are issued by cheque for payments made by
cheque or cash.
8. Refund cheques are issued to the original payee.
9. Refund cheques are valid for six months once issued
and will not be re-issued if they expire.
10. Payment made by credit card (either online or in person)
is only refunded to the original card.
11. All refunds take approximately 4-6 weeks to process.
IMPORTANT: If there is any conflict between the Terms &
Conditions listed on course application forms, website and
course booklet, the course booklet shall prevail.
Typhoons and Rainstorm Arrangements
In the event of a rainstorm or tropical cyclone warning enforce
by the Hong Kong Observatory, please click here to view
1. Unless otherwise stated, all courses are held at the HK-YWCA
Headquarters, 1 MacDonnell Road, Central, Hong Kong
2. For courses held off-site, 'Where to Meet' details will be emailed
to all attendees at least three days before the course starts. If you
have not been notified please contact the office.
3. For courses held off-site, teachers will wait for late comers no more
than 10 minutes before starting the class. Please inform the office
or the teacher directly if you're running late or unable to attend.
4. HK-YWCA will make every effort to ensure courses are run as
scheduled (with the same teacher and classroom). However,
HK-YWCA reserves the right to cancel, reschedule any courses or
change the room location if necessary.
1. Videotaping, audiotaping, photography or any type of recording is
prohibited during any course activity, except with the permission of
HK-YWCA and/or teacher.
2. HK-YWCA reserves the right to use photos, videos and/or sound
recordings of participants taken during courses without limitation or
reservation in future promotions and advertisements, without
3. Course handouts and details discussed in class are for private use
1. HK-YWCA will take all necessary precautions to ensure a safe
learning environment. Course participation for both indoor and
outdoor activities is at attendee's own risk. The HK-YWCA will not be
liable for any accident, loss or injury sustained during a class. Please
be considerate and stay at home if you are sick or not feeling well.
For all hikes please note difficulty rating provided.
2. Participants are responsible for informing the office and the teacher
of any allergies or injuries before a course commences.
3. It is required that all parents or guardians of children less than 11
years remain on the premises while the children are participating in
a course even if the adult is not required to be in the classroom.
Note: For any courses/excursions held outside Hong Kong, we strongly
recommend all participants to take out travel insurances. The HK-YWCA
will not be liable or responsible for any accidents, loss or injury
sustained in these courses.
1. Personal data of participants will only be used for purposes relating to
enrollment, statistical analysis, emergency contact, and ancillary
purposes of HK-YWCA.
2. Teachers are not to solicit cusiness directly from members and
members are not obligated to provide teachers with their personal
3. Members are required to inform HK-YWCA of any changes of
personal information as soon as possible.
1. Parking is available at the YWCA Headquarters on 1 MacDonnell
road. Access is via the first side street off MacDonnell road
(next to Coda Plaza). Parking is open from 8am - 11pm every day.
Parking rates are:
Members:$11 an hour for the first 3 hours.
$22 for each subsequent hour or part thereof.
Non-members: $22 an hour.
2. To validate your parking ticket, either present your membership
card to the parking attendant or recieve a stamp at the front desk.
Notice Board and Displays
1. The notice board and displays contain information on events
around town, non-profit organisations, and good/services that
can benefit our members.
2. Domestic helpers are encouraged to post information of their
services and availability.
3. All notices should be given to the front desk to be stamped and
Fitness Room/Gym (6th floor)
1. Available for members only, the cost is HK$40 per session per
head or $300 a month per head and is payable at the front desk.
The opening hours of the fitness room are: Monday to Sunday
and Public Holidays: 9:00am - 9:00pm
2. For the enjoyment of all members, the facilities are divided into
session times. Operating hours may be subjected to change
without prior notice.
Swimming Pool (6th Floor)
1. The 12-metre outdoor heated swimming pool is open to all 'Y'
members. The cost is HK$40 per session per head or $150
for five (5) preferential tickets per head and is payable at the
front desk. The pool opening hours are: Monday to Sunday
and Public Holidays: 7:15am to 8:45pm.
2. Children under 3 years old are admitted free.
3. Children less than 12 years old must be accompanied by
4. For the enjoyment of all members, the facilities are divided
into session times. Ooperating hours may be subjected to
change without prior notice.
Shower and Changing Facilities
Shower and changing facilities are located on the 6/F. You
can also use the toilets on the 3/F to change.
Baby Equipment Rental
1. HK-YWCA has a small range of baby equipment for rent.
Please contact the office for availability.
2. Reservations can be made in advance. Rental fees are
$30 a day for each item. A HK$500 deposit is required on
each item. Revised fees will be effective from 1st April 2013.
- Play pen
- Car Seats
- High Chair
- Infant rocking chair
- Carrier baby backpack
3. Members should inspect the item at the time of rental and
inform front desk if not in good condition. The HK-YWCA is
not liable for any accident or injury occured during rental
4. Payment for baby equipment and deposit can only be made
in cash. No refunds will be made once reservation have
5. For lost baby equipment, payment deposit of HK$500 will
Second-hand Books & Magazines
1. Second-hand books are available on the bookshelves on
the 3/F for HK$20 a book.
2. Donations are greatly appreciated. Drop offs are accepted
at the front desk during opening hours.
1. Catch the Public bus number 12A, which departs from the
Admiralty Bus Depot (opposite Pacific Place) located on
Tamar Street (Lippo Centre side). It takes approximately
5 - 10 minutes.
2. Take green mini bus 1A from Hong Kong Station Bus
Terminus (Under Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong and IFC 2).
It takes approximately 5 - 10 minutes.
3. Otherwise a taxi will cost about HK$30 from the Central area.